Sunday, January 25, 2015

Injury, frustration and awe-inspiring coastline

I had originally written a fair amount for this post, but for some reason the entire post was deleted, thus adding to Sunday's crappiness. When everything was lost, I yelled curse words and slammed things on the ground. Long story short, my football team lost to Sussex in embarrassing fashion in Brighton, and when I got into the game I missed tackling opportunities again, so I'm still a bit upset.

This game has a way of making you realize your body isn't as large as you think it is. Plus, it's expert at destroying confidence, like it did for me today. I hate, despise, abhor, - any other synonym - feeling mediocre at something. That's how it was today. I fucking hate it, especially when I was beaten for a touchdown. I stumped off the field and slammed my helmet on the ground in frustration and anger. The day was made worse when I tweaked my thigh muscle when I dove for a tackle. I had to ice it with frozen food when I got home.

Saturday was much better, as we rented a car to explore the area to the west of Poole. We saw Corfe Castle in all its crumbly splendor, Studland Beach (nude beach) and Durdle Door. I wrote a lot more about all of these, but it's gone now. Essentially, I talked about losing sight of the fact I live in an incredibly beautiful area of Dorset where there's so much to see because of the stupor brought on by schoolwork or extreme boredom. I've realized I don't have to fly to other countries; there's so much to see right here, and I need to appreciate that and make more of an effort to see those things.

Corfe Castle in the village of Corfe Castle.

Naomi and I after a short but very steep climb to the top of Durdle Door


No comments:

Post a Comment