Thursday, May 7, 2015

Road trip revisit video

5/5 - As I sit here thinking about what to say, I keep going back to the thought of how I...don't see myself as an outsider anymore. I don't really hear accents anymore, and it's strange to hear another accent like mine. When I do, I usually interrupt to ask them where they're from. I've been sucked into this community, much like what happened in Porterville. And I love how my group of friends is so multicultural. I would never have been able to experience this had I not left drought-ravaged California.

There's been a lot of stuff that has been happening the last week. And like always, it seems like I'm the only one not concerned at all about school. As usual, I've been focused on other things, like Poole Town (still haven't snagged a sponsorship) Bleacher Report and putting my summer together. I'm this close to setting up an interview at Calshot in Southampton, but since the director has been away since Saturday, I've been left anxious, wondering why I haven't seen a response from him.

There are no Cinco de Mayo celebrations in England; that's new and strange to me.

7/5 - During the last few rugby sessions, Josh has been telling both me and other people how much I've improved. It's really flattering to hear that. Honestly, rugby is a bit easier to understand than American football.

I've produced a video that shows where Danny and I went on that road trip. I slammed it out yesterday and today while working in the media school. I used Adobe Premier, which I've never used before, but I found it to be very similar to Final Cut. But it was great to go back and look at all the raw video we got. That trip was pretty much perfect. I left out a lot from Switzerland because, frankly, the video would have ended up 15 minutes long if I did that.

(And since I spent a large amount of time on this, it goes to show how thin and feeble my program is. I have no work to do!)


My trip to Wales on June 1 is set in stone. I reserved the motorcycle today. I'm excited! I'll take a stop in Bristol on the way to Snowdonia and back to stay with a friend, and will also Couchsurf. And this time, I'll take Danny's GoPro and somehow strap it to my helmet or the bike. That'll be some impressive video.

When I first applied for school in England, I had intentions of traveling, seeing lots of things and making fantastic memories. The video above, and the future trips I have planned, proves I'm on the right track. I'm taking advantage of this opportunity. And it's a lesson: if you really want something, you'll find a way to accomplish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment