Monday, November 17, 2014

Bobcats get their first win

16/11 - This week was pretty ordinary besides the fact I keep learning about British words, like chav (white trash), bracket (parentheses), full stop (period) and indicators (turn signal).

My hip flexor is all better, but now the outside of my hip is bothering me a little bit, but not nearly as bad as the hip flexor was. It's still a bit frustrating though. We also had professional team photos done for the football team, as well as a silly one. It was just like high school! The only downside was the fact one picture cost 20 pounds. No thanks.



I feel like a jock when I wear the blue jersey, to the point where I kind of hate myself for having it on. But hey, I gotta try that once in my life, right?

This Saturday was the highlight of the week by far. It started off with breakfast with Tim and Kate, followed by ice cream on the Quay with Kate. I then did some work on essays before I watched the England national soccer team play with Bill. He cooked some pasta and sausages and then broke out an old Playstation 1. After that we watched Ted. Then after I left his place, Naomi and I went to The Winchester in Bournemouth, where there was a house DJ playing for the club. It was so good I danced pretty much completely sober. It was just a super chill day and evening.

17/11 - We got our first win yesterday, 14-3 over BNU. I was involved more and recorded a tackle. It was a great feeling, and I can't wait until our next game in two weeks at Chichester. And of course, we celebrated the win at Walkabout later that night. It was a fantastic weekend.

I've been in the UK for two months now, and it's basically home. It feels normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment